Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day Ten: A Few Random Things

Day 10: This is kind of fun! 
Share five random facts about yourself.
1. In high school, I badly participated in the improv troupe. 
2. I once got my head stuck in some monkey bars and had to yelp for help.
3. I love popcorn. So much. It's sort of a problem.
4. I am not going to mention dance to my daughter and hope she never learns about it on her own because I don't want to deal with the recitals.
5. I want to play the guitar or the ukelele but I won't work hard enough at it.
Share four things from your bucket list.
1. More travel: specifically; Thailand, Italy, Australia, New York City, among others.
2. Be paid in real money for a piece of writing.
3. Paint something beautiful.
4. Take a public stand on something that makes me nervous.
Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.
1. Potty training and pacifier weaning and big-girl bed-moving my daughter.
2. Continuing to feel the sense of balance and calm that I have felt as the year began.
3. Allowing myself to feel and share vulnerability in positive ways.
Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
1. A 7th grade student who struggled with reading helped another 7th grade student who struggled with English read her poem aloud. The tears came right in that moment.
2. I'd like to share a laugh, but nothing quite seems funny enough, so here's another cry: leading students through Dangerous Intruder Training. I don't get used to the idea, and the fear that grips me while discussing the prospect is almost more than I can handle.
Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.
1. I'm working on getting control of my perfectionism because I've started to see it as detrimental to my happiness rather than just "who I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment